2019 Lend-A-Hand Grant Awards
The Adirondack Trust Company Community Fund via the Independent Advisory Committee has awarded Lend-A-Hand Grants to 35 local, nonprofit organizations. The grants totaled $73,082. The name of each organization receiving a Lend-A-Hand Grant is listed below.
1. After the Fire
To help families in Saratoga County who suffer loss due to a fire, including gift certificates that they can immediately use.
2. AIM Services, Inc.
To support Enhanced Respite After School Program through the purchase of educational and recreational materials such as teaching materials, sensory stations, art supplies, books, musical items, recreational items and provisions of healthy snack foods.
3. Amanda’s House at Glens Falls Hospital
To provide funding for monthly TV/Cable, internet, and WiFi services for comfort and ease of patient and families extended stay during treatments.
4. Art in the Public Eye
To provide funding for the licensing fees associated with showing each film in a public setting, which will be free and available to the community, promoting family-friendly activity opportunities.
5. Backstretch Employee Service Team of NY (BEST)
To purchase of food and beverages for backstretch workers during the shoulder season where there is limited access to meal options at the track.
To purchase bicycle parts and tools, lights and high visibility items, as well as adult and child helmets.
7. Books in Kid’s Hands Corporation
To purchase books for students to take home during vacations and summer breaks.
8. Brookside Museum/Saratoga County Historical Society
To provide materials for hands -on activities for sheep shearer program.
9. CAPTAIN Community Human Services
To support the Getting Ahead program, which assists those living in poverty or low-income situations, by building their resources for a more prosperous, self-sufficient life. Funding supports purchase of program materials, logistics and supplies.
10. Catie Hoch Foundation
To purchase gas, food and other gift cards to provide financial assistance to families who have children with cancer.
11. Charlton School—David H. Porter Memorial Grant
To provide funding for Therapeutic Arts Classroom Renovations, which offers art therapy programming.
12. Clifton Park Halfmoon Emergency Corps, Inc.
To purchase Stop the Bleed training props for bleed control outreach education and training.
13. First Baptist Church of Ballston Spa’s Summer Lunch Program
To purchase food items and supplies for student summer lunch programming.
14. Franklin Community Center, Inc.
To support program costs for the after-school prevention program, Project Lift, for “high-risk” students.
15. Glens Falls Area Youth Center, Inc.
To provide funding for logistics, meals and educational supplies.
16. Lake George Region Women for WIN, Inc.
To purchase personal hygiene items for distribution to area elementary students.
17. Lower Adirondack Search and Rescue, Inc.
To purchase updated search-and-rescue GPS units.
18. Mechanicville Area Community Services Center
To provide sneakers, nutritious snacks, supplies and race fees for inaugural Boys on the Move program.
19. Moreau Community Center—Civic Center of Moreau
To purchase an additional commercial refrigerator, and cosmetic upgrades for renovated food pantry.
20. The Open Door—Mission Servants of the World, Inc.
To purchase food, supplies and other direct expenses for the Food Assistance Program.
21. Pitney Meadows Community Farm, Inc.
To provide funding for supplies to construct two handicapped, accessible picnic tables.
22. Prospect Center—Center for Disability Services, Inc.
To provide funding for the development of a fully accessible playground with adaptive equipment to meet the needs of children with different abilities.
23. Rebuilding Together Saratoga County
To purchase items for Safe and Healthy Home Kits, which include items such as smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, flashlights and first-aid kits.
24. Salvation Army—Saratoga Springs
To provide funding for one-time household expense support, allowing families to stay in their homes.
25. NYSARC., Inc Saratoga County Chapter (Saratoga Bridges)
To support staffing of new artists for the Creative Endeavors Art Center program.
26. Saratoga Center for the Family
For outpatient therapy to individuals with no health insurance or who are underinsured. Therapy will introduce coping and social skills. Services are provided by licensed mental health professionals.
27. Saratoga County Children’s Committee—Ned Chapman Memorial Grant
To provide funding for the Empty Stocking Project, which provides local children gifts, clothing and other necessities during the holiday season.
28. Saratoga Hospital Foundation (SHF) for Saratoga Community Health Center
To support the costs of medications and co-payments for under-insured patients who may otherwise forego getting treatment due to cost.
29. Saratoga Pride, an affiliate of the Capital District Gay Community Council
To purchase replacement Pride banners to be placed on Broadway during the month of June, as well as support the development of a Youth Pride event.
30. Saratoga War Horse Foundation
To purchase furniture to insure the Saratoga Veteran classroom is comfortable and accessible to all.
31. Shelters of Saratoga
To purchase non-perishable food items that can be easily consumed in places without access to water and kitchens.
32. SNACpack Program, Inc.
To provide nutritional food and drinks weekly to children throughout the school year and summer months in the Saratoga Springs School District.
33. Veterans & Community Housing Coalition
To make handicap accessibility bathroom renovations at the Guardian House, a transitional supportive housing program for homeless female veterans.
34. Wellspring (formerly Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services)
To provide emergency basic needs assistance for the victims and family members of abuse.
35. Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park
The purchase of the backpacks and wildlife exploration contents for families to use while they explore the park.